Just set your Tom Tom, iPhone, or other preferred navigation device to the following address:
Christian Sünner Strasse 8
Take the train to Köln-Messe/Deutz. There are several cheap rates offered by Die Bahn: e.g. the Schöner-Tag-Ticket (discounts for 5 persons, but only inside NRW, and only on work-days) or the Gruppe&Spar (drive in groups with at least six persons, discount up to 70%). Also there is Savings fare (Sparpreise). If you're planning to come via train from abroad, simply check the homepage of your national train company.
Köln HBF (Cologne Central-Station) → Köln-Messe/Deutz
Depending on where you come from you can just stay seated, for many trains arriving at the central station in Cologne Köln-Deutz is the next stop. be sure to check your train schedule though. If you really have to get out at Köln HBF to take a look at the cathedral, try this to get to Köln-Deutz: Take the S6 or S12. After two or three minutes you will arrive at Köln-Messe/Deutz. Exit there. The tickets for this trip are called "Cityticket 1b". They cost 2,60 Euro, you should have coins handy.
Köln-Messe/Deutz → Partyplace
Once you arrived at Köln-Messe/Deutz go down to the subway and watch for signs that advertise lines 1 or 9. Take one of these Trains (direction Bensberg or Königsforst)) and exit at Kalk-Kapelle. Exit the station on the right in direction of travel, take a sharp right turn and go straight ahead into the Wiersbergstraße. After a minute of walking you should see an industrial area, where the Abenteuerhallen ("AH" over the entrance) is located.
Another option is to take the busline 150 (direction "Heinrich-Bützler-Straße") and exit at the stop "Christian-Sünner-Straße" right in front of the Abenteuerhallen. The bus leaves every 30 minutes and you only have to get a short trip ticket (Kurzstrecke), which costs 1,90€.
Mobile & Apps
Busses are a cheap way to get around in Europe. If you don't fear a long voyage and want to come to Evoke for a more than reasonable price, this might be something for you. There are many smaller bus companies reaching Cologne from all parts of Europe, but the most important is probably Eurolines, which has dependencies in 25 coutries, including the most Eastern Europe ones. Check out the dependence for your country, and make sure to book your tickets early to get some possible discounts.
The busses from Eurolines, as well as most other international ones, arrive at the Central Bus Station, which is located right behind the Central Trainstation (Hauptbahnhof). Enter the trainstation building and get to the partyplace as described above.
Flixbus has daily connections to several German cities like Leipzig, Dresden, Bremen, Hamburg and Nürnberg. Check with their website for details and prices. One way tickets from Hamburg to Cologne start at 17 Euro (Regular 37 Euro).
Another operator is MeinFernbus which might be an alternative if you are coming from Stuttgart, Munich or Freiburg. Prices for a one way ticket Munich to Cologne start at 22 Euro (Regular 50 Euro).
Berlin Linien Bus
As the name implies, check with BLB when you are seeking a trip to Evoke from Berlin. Prices for Berlin to Cologne start at 33 Euro (one direction).
Cologne can be reached by plane at very nice prices from nearly every major city in europe. We have created a map which shows those low cost connections.
Airport Köln Bonn
The Aiport Köln Bonn is the base airport of several low fare airlines:
- Germanwings offers cheap flights (starting at 19 eur one-way) to Cologne from more than 20 cities from all over Europe. Among those is Stockholm, Riga, Budapest, Istanbul, Athens, Lisbon, Madrid, Roma and several others.
- TUIfly offers flight directly to Cologne/Bonn as well. Check them out expecially if you're planning to come from Italy and Spain, as they fly from many of these coutries' cities.
- If you are coming from London easyJet might be interesting for you.
- Wizz Air offers flights from two Polish cities directly to Cologne, as well as from Geneva and London.
If you arrive at Aiport Köln Bonn you should take the S13 or RE8 towards Köln. When you reach Trimbornstrasse, continue your trip to the Evoke location as outlined here. You could take the subway for one station (Kalk-Post to Kalk-Kapelle) or walk down the Kalker-Hauptstrasse a bit and turn right). The whole trip costs 2,40 Eur ("CityTicket 1b").If you travel with alot of luggage you might want to stay on the train till Bahnhof Köln Messe/Deutz and continue your travel as described here.
There are two Ryan Air airports close to Cologne:
- From the airport Frankfurt Hahn you should take the bus to Cologne. The bus takes little more than 2 hours and costs 15 €. The bus stops behind Cologne main station. Continue your trip as outlined here.
- From the airport Weeze there is also a bus to the Cologne central station. The trip takes about 2 hours, the ticket costs 21€. Continue your trip as outlined here.
Some of the major airports are in close range to cologne.
- From the Düsseldorf airport you should take the train to Cologne. The trip takes about 30 minutes and a ticket costs less than 10 €.
- The real Frankfurt airport is connected to cologne by a highspeed-train. It takes only 50 minutes from the airport to cologne's central station but as you can imagine the trainticket is rather expencive. For other airports (Frankfurt, Düsseldorf) you will have to take the train to Cologne central station. Continue your trip as outlined here.
Please, get in touch with us if you have got some questions.